5 Best Welding / Plasma Cutter Cart Reviews 2019 [Buying Guide]
Are you looking for a mobile welding station that can cope with all your fabrication needs?
It doesn't matter if you’re a recreational or professional welder, the best welding cart/ plasma cutter cart is essential if you want to move large machines and have everything on hand to do the job properly.
A plasma cutter cart not only provides you with unmatched mobility, it also makes your job easier and safer to do.
Sure, there are endless welder and plasma cutter carts on the market that you can buy, so how do you know which one to pick? We've reviewed a number of welding (or plasma cutter) carts and picked the best 5 welding carts in terms of material, quality, convenience, and budget.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Welding Cart Reviews Comparison Chart 2018
- 2 Best Welding Cart Reviews
- 3 The Advantages of Using A Welding Cart
- 4 The Best Welding Cart Buying Guide
Best Welding Cart Reviews Comparison Chart 2018
Weight Capacity (pound)
Our Best Pick
Best Welding Cart Reviews
Hot Max WC100 Welding Cart
The Hot Max WC-100 welding cart is a well-designed, great organizer that suits most manufacturers MIG welders and plasma cutters. This robust MIG welder cart is made of steel with a long-lasting finish that supports prolonged use. Easy pull handle, 6-inch back wheels, two safety chains, lead hook and additional storage tray- all these features make this cart a great all-rounder to hold your welding accessories, machine, and gas tank.
To work flawlessly without hassles, this is a smart cart for both the beginner and expert welders.
- Well-positioned steel handle - situated at the front of the cart, easy to pull and doesn’t get in the way of cables
- Constructed from strong steel, which makes it very sturdy and durable
- 6” rear wheels and 2.5-inch front casters make it effortless to move around
- Two safety chains make the cart highly capable of securing the gas tank for MIG welding process
- Additional storage tray to store more equipment and accessories
- Lead hook on both sides for better and safer cable management when moving
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Well-engineered design
- Higher quality material
- Very sturdy
- Ample storage space for supplies
- Can hold only a plasma cutter or a welder. Not suitable to hold both at the same time.
- Poor assembly instructions
Goplus Welding Cart with 4 Drawer Cabinet
Our next product is the Goplus Welding Cart. This cart is designed to hold a plasma cutter or MIG welder and the gas cylinder.
Not only that, this welding cart with drawers is an ultimate solution for storing and organizing your tools and supplies together in one place. In addition, the storage tray is perfect for accessories and smaller equipment.
Overall, this is a good quality, ideally sized welding machine cart made of strong, durable materials.
- Steel construction with a durable finish ensures its use for a long time, and the finishing enhances long service delivery.
- Flexible front wheels and fixed rear wheels. The four wheels are designed wisely to help in changing the direction of navigation and to facilitate smooth rolling
- Two safety chains ensure the secure movement of the gas cylinder
- 4 built-in drawers to store and organize all the welding tools and supplies for convenient carry. The lockable top drawer ensures the safety of your personal belongings.
- Quite labor-saving
- Easy to put together
- Smooth and easy to move
- Super heavy duty
- No assembly instructions included
Gas Welding Cart
Gas Welding Cart Hauler is an awesome product that works great for any shop or garage setup. This easy to assemble cart hauler will need only 10-15 minutes to put together.
This cart allows the user to move more than just gas cylinder or welding tanks to the job site. The cart hauler makes moving two 9-inch diameter cylinders and torch accessories much easier.
Although this isn’t a professional grade cart for really heavy use, its well-built construction is perfect for the welder who regularly requires moving tanks.Overall, good value for the money.
- Self-leveling, deep tray for easy and convenient storage of supplies and tools
- Pneumatic tires to provide a very smooth and easy move even over rough surfaces
- Light bottle strap that's easy to fix
- Straightforward to assemble
- Easy to maneuver
- Great quality
- Sturdy enough
- Well-made and designed
- Poor assembly instruction (written in sloppy Chinese and small print)
MIG TIG Plasma Cutter Arc Welding Cart
The next on our list is the MIG TIG Plasma Cutter Arc Welding Cart. This is not only one of the most affordable welding carts available in the market, it also comes with every feature that you expect to see in a welding cart. This is a heavy duty welding cart to hold most MIG/ TIG/ ARC welder or plasma cutters. There are plenty of spaces for storage. This MIG/ TIG welding cart holds the welding machine, tank, a variety of supplies and gear nicely. The heavy-duty casters are just fine to roll it smoothly.Overall, this is a decent cart for the price
- Holds 9.5" diameter tank
- Tilted top tray that provides easy access to welder controls
- Sturdy construction and industrial powder coating prevents rust
- Built-in cylinder rack and storage tray
- 2 swivels and 2 fixed heavy-duty casters allow it to move around easier
- Two safety chains to securely hold the gas cylinder
- 3 shelves for easy storage and access to welding supplies
- Very sturdy and solid
- Simple to assemble
- Easy access tray
- Effortless to maneuver
- Very affordable price
- No assembly instruction included
- Not perfect for a large plasma cutter or welding equipment
Miller Running Gear/Plasma Cutter Welding Cart
The Miller Electric Running Gear/Cart is a convenient welder and plasma cutter cart that provides mobility of welding equipment and supplies to any job site. This heavy-duty welding cart is truly a great fit for the tank, machine, and tools together. Its' well thought out design conveniently provides easy maneuverability.
All things considered, it’s a well built, super convenient cart that keeps everything in one place.
- Sturdy wheels with 8-inch rubber wheels in front and back casters for easy maneuvering
- 7-inch diameter and max. 65-pound loading capacity gas cylinder rack
- Perfect size cart which doesn't need a lot of storage space. It doesn’t take up much space or working area if you are outside.
- Best for use with:
- Millermatic 141, 190 and 211
- Hobart Handler 140, 190 and 210
- Miller Diversion 165 and 180
- Hobart E-Z TIG
- Perfect size cart
- Very easy to put together
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to roll
- No assembly instructions included
The Advantages of Using A Welding Cart
A plasma cutter cart or a welding cart is a great addition to your cutting or welding equipment. Whether you’re a professional welder or a novice, you’ll get a lot of advantages from using this tool.
- First, it’ll relieve you from the physical burden of carrying a heavy piece of equipment like a plasma cutter or welding machines. This tool will dramatically reduce user fatigue, especially when it comes to health problems related to back strain.
- Second, the easy maneuverability of the welding machine cart makes it easy to transport your tools to the job site and move them around once you're there.
- Third, a welding cart also makes it convenient to carry other essential tools, supplies, and accessories that you may want to have to hand while you're on the job.
The Best Welding Cart Buying Guide
There are some important factors that contribute to the functionality, efficiency, and durability of any welding or plasma cutter cart. Here are some of the most crucial factors you'll need to be aware of if you want to buy the best cart.
A cart should be made of durable materials so that it can withstand the weight of the equipment it's carrying. Generally speaking, a steel made cart is the most highly recommended when it comes to durability.
Always look for a cart that features hard rubber wheels. Although the size of the wheel isn't the most important factor in choosing a cart, larger wheels will provide you more portability and maneuverability.
A quality welding cart should ideally be sized to fit comfortably in the available space and be moved around as needed. You should also consider where to keep it between uses. Most welding carts will require a small space for storage, there's no point getting a big cart if you're going to be tripping over it constantly.
This is a crucial factor to look for. Before making a buying decision, you should first identify the overall weight of your welding or cutting machine and other equipment. This will help you pick the best cart with the weight capacity that you actually need on your job site.
It's a good idea to think about what you need to carry and store on your cart. When it comes to storage options, select a cart that has easily accessible and ample storage space for accessories and smaller equipment.
Budget is always a consideration for any purchase and welding carts come in a range of different prices. You'll find lower cost budget friendly models, but they usually have fewer features and less durability than the more expensive ones. It's up to you to work out what's more important to you.
Our goal is to help you to select the most reliable, cost-effective, and overall best welding cart for your needs. We believe that a professional quality product doesn't have to blow the budget if you know where to look.
All our recommended welding and plasma cutter carts are sturdy and stable and a great choice for most welders or plasma cutter users. They have also been selected for their available storage space, weight capacity and other features that make them ideal for both amateur and professional users.
If you are looking to get organized or build up a garage of tools so you can tackle that DIY job, the guys at https://besttoolreview.net/ offer practical guides for the home handy man. Check it out!.
Love our review? Or is there anything we've missed? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!