Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter Review
- BEST PRICE -
Efficient, Compact And Affordable
Brand Name - Lotos Technology
Designed For - Home DIY jobs / Light duty small business projects
Lotos LTP5000D 50Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter is the name of a quality cutting tool that offers not only efficiency and versatility in cutting but also portability and durability as well. Features with the fastest frequency inverter technology IGBT, Lotos LTP5000D offers all the features that a cutter need to have. Now cutting any metal with this machine is like cutting butter with a sharp knife. Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter is a simple but efficient cutter with many special features that drive the user to make it fit every work needed.
It’s Pilot Arc feature makes the machine very effective in its every operation. This feature enables the user to use it in workshops dealing with rusted or painted metals. LTP5000d Lotos is also convenient in cutting of small metals. Equipped with a small and moveable torch, this tool allows the user to cut small metal easily. And, the most appealing feature is that you’ll get all this benefit from this machine that cost less than 3X than the same other machines of its class.
Before deciding to buy this plasma cutter, go through all of its features, benefits as well as cons in our review that will definitely give you a clear idea of what you’re going to get from this budget-friendly tool.
The Great Features That Make It Best
Impressive Cutting Mechanism
Get the impressive cutting efficiency with its several cutting features. Such as-
- Non-touch Pilot ARC Technology - Featuring the non-touch Pilot arc technology, the tool cuts efficiently different types of conductive metals like aluminum, copper, mild steel, stainless steel or alloy steel. The pilot arc torch doesn’t directly comes into touch with the metals or surface. It reduces the cutting time and enhances the cutting quality and consumable life.
- High-Frequency Inverter Technology - Integrated into the high-frequency inverter technology IGBT, the tool offers a precise, concentrated, continuous and fast cutting process even on painted, rough and rusty surfaces with minimal slag. Users get a surprisingly smooth cut of a wide range of surfaces without metal distortion.
- V-MOSFET Transistor - The tool comes with a V-MOSFET transistor. Cutting thin or thick metal or surfaces is now an easy job with this tool. The V-MOSFET transistor generates steady output for thin metal cutting and high power output for thick metal cutting.
Safety and Durability
- PAPST Advanced German Cooling System - This special feature makes the machine stand out. PAPST Advanced Cooling System controls temperatures providing cool air flow and prevent the machine damaging by overheating. The top-notch cooling system prolongs the duty cycles. It also prevents dust or dirt from damaging the internal parts of the device.
- Metal Cashing - The exterior shell of LTP5000D is made of strong metal material. That feature greatly effects on the flexibility and durability of the device. The metal casing keeps safe the important part of the machine being damaged even if you use it in a harsh or dusty environment.
- Automatic Dual Voltage And Dual Frequency Capability - You can connect it in a variety of places. Your home or garage may not have a 220-volt outlet. So, keep this in mind, this plasma cutter offers automatic dual voltage and dual frequency capabilities. You can configure it 110V at 50Hz or 220V at 60 Hz frequency. You don’t need to manually select the voltage. The machine automatically chooses the right voltage.
- Moderately Long Hose - The plasma cutter comes with a three-pin end connection and 9.5 feet long hose. This feature facilitates you an impressive extended reach to the working area during the cutting process.
- Easy Set-Up - LTP5000D plasma cutter is easy to use. The device doesn’t need much assemble before using it for cutting. The easily understandable installation guidelines in the user manual will help you to set up the machine. You’ll only require to wire the proper power plug and properly ground the machine. By pressing the torch button you can easily start cutting. Moreover, an air hose, a cable, ground clamp, an air hose connection –are included in the package for the easy uses of the unit.
Compact & Portable Design
The built-in inverter makes the plasma cutter lightweight and compact in size. Thus, this compact design offers additional portability. Only 19.4 lbs weight and a carrying handle allows the user to move the device around a location or from site to site.
15 x 6 x 12 inches
60% @ 50A, 110V
60% @ 50A, 220V
Cutting: 1/2" (12.7 mm)
Severance: 3/4" (19.05 mm)
110V/220V dual voltage
10 - 50 A
Clean, dry, oil-free air
3.6 scfm @65 psi
Power Source Type
- Plasma torch
- Ground clamp and cable
- Air regulator
- Air hose
- Air hose connections
- Sheer cutting capacity
- Dual voltage versatility
- Efficient, clean and quicker cuts
- Lightweight, compact and portable
- Highly durable
- Safe and easy to use
- Extremely affordable
- Affordable consumables
- Short stand off
- Doesn’t come with a pigtail
Why Best Of The Best
Lotos LTP5000D is a fully controlled and functional plasma cutter. The following reasons strongly prove that why this plasma cutter can be termed as “ THE BEST”-
- Pilot Arc technology ensures an easy, broader and deeper cut with less slags
- Very accurate and quick cutting process
- The metal doesn’t come directly in touch with the cutter, hence it enhances the constancy of the device
- Well compatible voltage range
- Its dual voltage capability doesn’t affect its working efficiency
- Although its cutting capacity is up to 1/2” to ¾”, it exceeds its ideal limits
- Equipped with the MOSFET transistor, the tool produces smooth and uneven plasma every second and thus ensures a firm and even cutting
Q. Is there any instruction to operate the cutter?
A. You need to be very steady and move the torch very slowly on the sheet.
Q. What are the primary requirements of this plasma cutter?
A. The gas input to the base station must be dry, clean and oil-free.
Q. Is the machine fully controlled?
A. Yes, this tool is fully controlled one having a great care on the plasma created by the device.
Q. Does the machine come with all its accessories?
A. It comes with an air hose, a cable, ground clamp, an air hose connection. You need to buy a pigtail.
Taking “Owner’s Feedback“ was one of the parts of our research work on plasma cutter. We found that a good number of users emphasize that this cutter is more affordable compared with others that have the same features. The pleased users are amazed at how good this machine is for its quick cutting performance, size and price. The stream of happy users especially DIY enthusiast and the budget-minded shop workers also noted that they would definitely recommend LTP500D to friends.
Technical and non-technical features- whatever you consider, this is the plasma cutter that you’re looking for your entire repair and maintenance works without any hassle. Its very affordable price makes the tool desirable to anybody who is looking for a cutting tool with high performance without breaking the bank.
After going through our resourceful and reliable review, you now better understand why this plasma cutter is perfect for you.
Risk, maintenance, cleaning- simply less, but quality, durability, performance- appreciately high.
So, why won’t you choose this plasma cutter when it needs less budget, less maintenance, less cleaning but provides high performance?