Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter Review
Efficient And Safe Plasma Cutter At A Very Affordable Price
Brand Name - Lotos Technology
Designed For - Home project/ Light welding jobs and DIY/Hobbyists
Make your cutting jobs efficient and safe with Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter. Though the cutter is designed to use for DIY and light welding jobs, it’s also perfect for using in even harsh environments. Its AC/ DC power source along with dual voltage capabilities makes it one of the versatile cutting tools. Equipped with the IGB technology, LT5000D cuts through any conductive metals with ease. Its advanced cooling system not only enhances the lifespan of the tool but also ensures a safe cutting environment. Its thoughtful design reduces the possibilities of fire hazards which is also a remarkable reason why it has an unblemished reputation over the years. LT5000D is a good option to get all the benefits of a plasma cutter with a very affordable price tag.
Before deciding to buy this plasma cutter, a deep dive into all of its features, benefits as well as cons in our review will definitely help you to get an idea what you’re going to enjoy from this most budget-friendly plasma cutter.
Table of Contents
- 1 Lotos LT5000D Review
Lotos LT5000D Review
The Great Features That Make lotos lt5000d Best
High-Speed Cutting Mechanism
- Air Plasma Cutting Mechanism - This plasma cutter features a high speed and precise cutting technology. Its compressed air cutting mechanism is suitable to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, aluminum and other metal materials efficiently and quickly. Instead of the pilot arc like the LTP5000D model, it uses a torch trigger. You can move the torch to do a custom fit.
- High-Frequency Inverter Technology - The LT5000D comes with a built-in inverter that enables the cutter to provide efficient, continuous and fast cutting result. This built-in feature allows the user to use it in remote sites where no power outlet is available. Moreover, its high-frequency DC plasma is able to cut thicker materials efficiently than standard DC plasma cutters. And you get the job done with less distortion.
- PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulation) Technology - Integrated with the PWM technology, the inverter produces steady DC power with rapid modulation. Thus, it ensures a consistent cutting process. PWM technology enhances the efficiency of the inverter around 30%.
- V-MOSFET Transistor - Featuring with a V-MOSFET transistor, the tool is capable of producing steady as well as high power output. Thick or thin- whatever the metal thickness, the cutter does its job efficiently.
Safety and Durability
- Compressed Air - LT5000D uses compressed air that makes the machine incredibly safe to use and fire hazard free. There is no possibility of sparkling like Oxy-hydrogen cutting. Thus, it reduces the possibilities of the fire accident. It doesn’t have any effect on the health of the user or the people around the cutting area.
- PAPST Advanced German Cooling System - Its cooling system uses the PAPST advanced Germany equipment. This cooling system lowers the heat trapped in the machine’s center providing air flow. Thus, the top-notch cooling mechanism prolongs the duty cycle as well as prevents the tool to be overheated and reduces the risk of being burnt the tool itself. With this feature, you’ll enjoy many years of trouble-free service.
- Automatic Dual Voltage And Dual Frequency Capability - Depending on needs, it allows the users to adjust the voltage and frequency. The unit works both on 110V at 50 Hz and 220V at 60 Hz. Its this dual voltage and dual frequency capability allow the users to use it at home or workshop easily. You don’t need to buy any additional pigtail to utilize the 110V. Moreover, its automatic adjustment feature automatically configures the voltage. You don’t need to manually do anything or alter the electrical environment. One important function of this unit is that it automatically detects the unnecessary surges pass through the unit created due to voltage ups and downs.
- Easy to use - The machine is easy to use. The unit comes with all the accessories that you need for ease of operation. You’ll get 6 air hose connections and one air hose, one ground clamp and a cable, one plasma cutting torch, one air filter and a regulator. Moreover, the package also includes some additional accessories- 4 clamps and 2 couplers for the 6 air hose connectors.
- Moderately Long Hose - The extensions of gas pipe is very necessary to use the device on various site. It isn’t always comfortable to carry the base station with you in any of your working places. With its moderately long hosepipe, you’ll feel easy to work with the unit when you’re moving around and reach to the working area.
Compact & Portable Design
Uses of the Switch Inverter Technology significantly reduces the dimensions and weight of the transformer. Its space-saving design featuring with only 22.5 lbs weight and 15” x16” x12” dimension make the unit portable and manageable.
Product Dimensions(with Handle)
15 x 6 x 12 inch ( 381x152.4x304.8 mm)( Lx Wx H)
22.5 pounds (10.2 kg)
Duty Cycle 104°F (40°C)
60% @ 50A, 110V
60% @ 50A, 220V
Max Cut Thickness: 1/2"
Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"
110 V/220 V 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
110-220V, 1-PH, 20 A
Clean, dry, oil-free air
3.6 scfm @ 65 psi
Input power cable length
Power Source Type
Materials Cutting Thickness
Mild Steel Max. 5/8”(16mm) @ 50A
Stainless Steel Max. 1/2”(12mm) @ 50A
Aluminium Max. 1/2”(12mm) @ 50A
The following lotos lt5000d consumables are included with the package:
Plasma cutting torch (1)
9'9" long, 3 prong
Ground clamp & cable (1)
Air filter & regulator (1)
Air hose connections (6)
4 clamps, 2 couplers
Air hose (1)
- Symmetrical and precise flame for accurate cutting
- Constant duty cycle at the same AC frequency level
- Extendable duty cycle (at a room temperature, extends up to 60% at both 100 and 220 volts)
- Greater cutting capacity than necessary
- Short Electrical cord
- The consumables tend to wear out quickly
- Less smooth cutting results in comparison with the LTP5000D unit
Why Best Of The Best
Why won't this be the best plasma cutter if-
- It requires less maintenance & cleaning
- It produce less noxious gasses
- Cleaner cut with almost zero slag
- Fewer possibilities of fire accident
- Flexible torch figure
Q. Is the cutter suitable to use on rusted, painted or rough metals?
A. No. As the tool doesn’t feature with a pilot arc, you can’t use it to cut rough metals.
Q. Is there any difference between LT5000D and LTP5000D model?
A. LTP5000D features a pilot arc torch that doesn’t need to touch the metal you want to cut, whereas LT5000D doesn’t equip with pilot arc torch and it needs to come into close contact with the metal surface.
Obviously, this unit is not comparable to more expensive models, yet it is excellent in its works at affordable price tag. In view of technical as well as non-technical terms, compared with the other brands of its class, LT5000D is definitely a most convenient and affordable plasma cutter for every DIY and hobbyists. Look the features and benefits of the tool, review the customer's feedback, buy the LT5000D plasma cutter and be a smart cutter-user.
If you have a list of metal things to cut, why not trying with the best Lotos LT5000D plasma cutter?