5 Best Cheap Plasma Cutters Review 2018 [Comparison Table]
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Cheap Plasma Cutters Comparison Chart 2018
- 2 Reviews Of Best Budget Plasma Cutter
- 3 Why Should You Buy An Inexpensive Plasma Cutter?
- 4 How Much Reliable Are The Cheapest Plasma Cutters?
How much does a plasma cutter cost? Especially a reliable one?
Can a cheap plasma cutter perform like a high-end expensive one?
Yes, it’s possible. Indeed, investing in a low priced plasma cutter will give you some innovative advantages. With the advancement of technology, you can afford a great quality plasma cutter with all the latest features even at a relatively low price.
Not everyone needs a heavy-duty high-end plasma cutter. Depending on your job nature, you should select the model. However, if you’re a DIY enthusiast and only have occasional needs to use a plasma cutter, low budget unit will work well.
With this in mind, manufacturers have introduced a number of great quality, reliable and affordable plasma cutter to the market.
Let’s have a look at our recommended best inexpensive plasma cutters.
Best Cheap Plasma Cutters Comparison Chart 2018
Ideal Cutting Thickness
15 x 6
15 x 6
ZENY Plasma Cutter
1/2"(approx.) 12.7 mm
18.5 x 13.5 x 11
19.3 x 10.2 x 15.8
Reviews Of Best Budget Plasma Cutter
Below is a list of best inexpensive plasma cutters regarding function, performance, sustainability, and maintenance.
Review of Super Deal Zeny CUT 50 Plasma Cutter
Zeny plasma cutter is a great option for you if you’re a DIY hobbyist and on a budget. If your job requires cutting different size metal sheets, you’ll find it most reliable. It comes with a lot of useful features. Its impressive cutting performance, excellent functionality as well as workmanship, makes the tool a good value for the money.
In addition, the machine is quite easy to set up, even a new user can set this machine by himself. By way of contrast of all these great features, the price is very low.
For the money, you can't beat Zeny Cut50 plasma cutter.
- Dual Voltage - allows the user to operate the machine at 110V or 220V.
- Lightweight - easy to move from one job site to another.
- Digital Readout - easy to view and read the point that you’re manually dialed.
- Fast and clean cut
- Quick and easy set up
- Easy to buy consumables
- Very portable
- Weight - 10kg
- Dimension - 49 x 40 x 28 inches
- Color - Yellow
- Max cutting thickness 1-12mm
- Efficiency - 85%
- Duty Cycle - 60%
- Power factor - 0.93
- Protection class - P21
- Load loss - 40W
- Air pressure - 0.4Pa
- Power supply capacity - 5.5KVA
- Power supply voltage - 110V/220V, 60Hz
- Rated input current - 24 A
- Arc striking model - Touch
- Current range 20-50A
Q. What battery wire is used on the earth clamp and how long is it?
A. You’ll need 2 gauge wire. Battery cable is about 8 feet long.
Q. What does 2.5s and 5s on the front switch mean?
A. 2.5s and 5s setting on the switch is the post flow setting. It indicates how long air flows after you let off the button.
SUNGOLDPOWER 50Amp Air Plasma Cutter
SUNGOLDPOWER 50A is a little machine with high performance. Integrated with IGBT inverter soft switch technology, this unit is more stable and superior. It is very fast and convenient in cutting metals such as copper, stainless steel, aluminum, iron etc. up to 15mm thickness. The duty cycle is certainly plenty for any projects.
Its multi-plug voltage feature gives the user the freedom to select from 1100v or 220v power. The assembly of this machine is very easy and simple. Just plug it in and go. Indeed, this is one of the best plasma cutters from the experience of users of this price tag.
- Dual Voltage - works on 110v and 220v
- IGBT inverter soft switch technology - for more stable performance.
- Digital LCD display and front panel air-pressure gauge - easy to read.
- Air pressure and over current light indicators - to keep you updated on your units operating condition.
- Cost effective - save energy, high cutting speed, and smooth cutting results.
- Strong interface resistance - shield from electric shock, waterproof.
- Fast and clean cut
- Simple and easy assembly
- Very sturdy and solid
- Weight - 23.5 pounds
- Dimension - 19.3 x 10.2 x 15.8 inches
- Power supply voltage - AC 110±15%/AC 220±15%
- Power supply capacity - 6.4 kVA
- Output current range 10-50A
- Duty Cycle - 60%
- Output voltage - 100V
- No-load voltage - 210 V
- Power frequency 50-60Hz
- Rated input current - 27 A
- Max Cutting Thickness 0-15mm
- Air pressure - 0.4 MPa
- Insulation grade - F
- Protection grade - IP 21 S
- Efficiency - 85%
Q. Does SUNGOLDPOWER Plasma Cutter come with its own air compressor?
A. No. The unit doesn’t come with an air compressor. You’ve to buy it yourself.
Q. Do I need to buy consumables?
A. Yes. As the unit doesn’t come with consumables, you’ve to buy it.
PrimeWeld Ct520d 50 A
PrimeWeld Ct520D has all the basic features needed for a hobbyist.
It's a combo plasma cutter, Stick and TIG welder. The plasma cutter delivers 50 amps current which is ideal to cut up to ½” thickness.
On the other hand, the Stick/ TIG welder can deliver 200amp welding current. CT520D is an efficient tool to cut a wide range cutting and welding stuff.
Moreover, this combo unit weight only 32pounds that makes it easy to carry in any worksite.All in all, a perfect combo for most of cutting and welding task.
- Multi-purpose 3 in 1 unit - combines plasma cutting, arc welding, and TIG/stick functions.
- Easy and quick operation - able to switch between DC STICK and DC TIG Welder easily and quickly.
- Easy to carry - its 32lbs weight makes the unit a portable one.
- Easy to operate
- Works well
- Doesn’t come with pilot arc in the cut mode
- Weight - 32 pounds
- Input power frequency - 50Hz / 60Hz
- Power efficiency - 85%
- Max cutting thickness - ½ inch
Q. Do I need to buy a separate air compressor?
A. Yes. As PrimeWeld Ct520d doesn’t come with an air compressor, you have to buy it separately.
Q. Can I use a foot pedal with CT520D?
A. Yes. You can use a foot pedal with this unit
Goplus CUT-50 is one of the perfect units for professionals who want all the basic features at an affordable price. This electric digital plasma cutter is great to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, copper and other metals.
The most advanced inverter technology makes this unit the most reliable and stable performance. This 50 amp plasma cutter delivers high cutting speed. It’s also a great energy saver.
You can use the plasma cutter at the outside temp between 10 and +40-degrees at max 80% dampness. Overall, a super tool to get the job done on these requirements.
- Dual voltage- works well at 120 or 220V.
- High frequency started - perfect for longer tip life.
- Delay functions - supplies gas ahead and turned off gas delayed
- Energy efficient
- works fast
- Smooth cutting result
- No polish demands
- Too short power cable
- Power Voltage - 110/220V
- No-Load Voltage - 240V
- Max. Cutting Thickness 1-12mm
- Pilot Arc Mode - HF Oscillating
- Rate Output Current 20-50A
- Rate Output Voltage - 96V
- Burner Inter Diameter - 1.0mm
- Air Compressor pressure 4-5kg/ 8.8-11Lbs
Q. Does the unit feature pilot arc?
A. No. It features HF (High frequency) starter. It allows the user to strike an arc to ignite the torch head.
Q. Does the unit come with 220 power plug/ cord?
A. It comes with a cord. But you have to purchase the plug.
Why Should You Buy An Inexpensive Plasma Cutter?
In fact, the choice of plasma cutter mainly depends on your needs. Although an expensive plasma cutter with a lot of premium features are perfect for commercial uses, you don’t need these models for your home uses.
Hence, cheaper models are great for home use or small businesses. For example, if you’re a hobbyist or need to do minor repairs around your house, an inexpensive plasma cutter would probably work well for you.
Some of the best low cost plasma cutters that may serve as excellent for you are Lotos LTP5000D, Lotos LT5000D, Zeny Cut50, SUNGOLDPOWER 50A, PrimeWeld CT520D, or Goplus CUT-50 would probably work well for you.
In addition, if you’re a beginner, low-cost plasma cutter will be a nice choice.
How Much Reliable Are The Cheapest Plasma Cutters?
As a matter of fact, it’s not wise to expect super features from the cheapest plasma cutter. In spite, these cheaper options are reliable to get the job done. There are many people who have owned these low cost plasma cutters for over 8 years and performing their cutting job without any problem.
Never expect to cut the maximum thickness as it advertises. Always try to buy a model just a bit bigger.
One trick is that, after buying a unit try to use it a lot while it is still under warranty. Also, make sure there are no failures upfront. If your machine doesn't fail within 15-20 times of use, the chance is that it shouldn’t have problems in near future.If it is under warranty and you found problem upfront, you can return it and get a replacement.
When it comes to buying a reliable unit with great features at a very reasonable price, our select these five Cheap Plasma Cutters can be a great option to choose from.
Cheap doesn’t always mean poor quality.
Admittedly, you won’t get a lot of advanced features from these inexpensive tools. But for home DIY jobs and light duty small business projects, these good cheap plasma cutters will obviously work well.